Monday 18 June 2012

Reading Plan #8












On the Blog Last Week

What I Have Just Finished

The Gathering Dark/ Shadow and Bone (Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Goodreads - Amazon.co.uk/.com - Book Depository
I just finished this yesterday and I loved it. Definitely lived up to my expectations. They were quite high after all the good things that I had been hearing about it. Look forward to the next book. Review to come sometime this week.
Currently Reading

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass

I have been hearing mixed things about this book so my expectation aren't high. I guess this is a good thing because I will not be disappointed. Although I hope that the book is at least 4 stars; that is what I aim for when I pick up a book. Hopefully I will be in the group that enjoy it but we shall see.

Edit (19:54 BST): This blog post was published in the early hours of the morning but now things have changed a bit. I have now finished The Selection. I am only bringing this up because of what people are saying in the comments. I have read and rated this book 5 star. This is higher than expected. I have even written my review. It was one of the books where it just came easily. You can check it out here.

To Read Next

Hourglass (Hourglass #1) by Myra McEntire

With the recent release of the sequel Timepiece, I was reminded that I had not read this book yet. This is another book that has been on my list for ages and I am, hopefully, now going to get round to it. And, if I enjoy it, I will not have to wait long until the sequel.

Happy reading!
Becky

12 comments:

  1. I like to be able to read all of the books in a series without waiting. I forget things when I pause between books!

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    I hope you will come by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still on the fence too about reading The Selection and Timepiece, so I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews when you finish them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still looking forward to reading The Selection. I hope you enjoy it (and I hope I do, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, like Tanya above, am on the fence with The Selection. I do, however, really want to read Timepiece and Hourglass. Excited to see what you think of Hourglass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the covers of YA books, especially fantasy books. Some of them are so amazing. I would read The Selection just because I love the dress on the front. I hope it's a 4-star for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about the audiobook for The Selection, so I think I'm going to listen to that one. I have Hourglass and Timepiece on my TBR piles...hopefully I'll get to them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful covers!
    I love how you aim for a 4 star! I tend to read 4+ or 1s no inbetweens! I love the sound of all three- which is dangerous as they are all the beginnings of series!
    Have a lovely week!
    P.s My Monday round up :) http://tinyurl.com/bshtfse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books. I really want to read The Gathering Dark it sounds good. I have just ordered The Selection I can't wait to read it. I have had Hourglass on my shelf for a bit now but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hope you enjoy your week of reading and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I´m currently reading One Moment. I want to read Shadow and Bone, I need to buy it soon.
    Happy reading!

    My It’s Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked Hourglass! I thought it was awesome. I hope you like it as much as I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you LOVE Hourglass! And then the sequel is even better! I loved The Selection too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D