Friday 15 June 2012

Book Review: Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

Title: Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #3)
Author: Larissa Ione
Publisher: Hatchette
Pages: 464
Release Date: 22nd May 2012
Read In: June 2012

Goodreads - Amazon.co.uk/.com - Book Depository

The prophesies were there... but no one listened. They are the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and they have the power to usher in Doomsday... or prevent it. Eight months ago, demon-slayer Regan Matthews seduced the fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, Thanatos. Now, she's pregnant with his child - a child who, if prophecies are to believed, is fated to save the world. But things aren't always as they appear, and the baby conceived by two warriors may yet be the very catalyst that kicks off Armageddon. Thanatos, who will be Death when his Seal breaks, never thought he'd have a family, but as he grows close to Regan and his unborn son, he allows himself to dream. But as the world edges closer to the end of days and his evil brother plots against him, Thanatos realises that the sacrifice he must make will destroy everything he dreamed of having.

The action, the humour, the romance, the tension; you know that you are reading Larissa Ione. I love these kickass brothers.

´”All I could think of was you.” He moved faster, his palm sliding over her swollen belly to her center, where he found the sensitive knot that tingled under his touch. “When I was gone, all I wanted was to be back here with you. Only you.”´

The Apocalypse is seriously rising in this one. No one is safe. There is betrayal; lots of betrayal. I did not know whom I could trust. The plot was so gripping. All the way through, there was a gradual increase in tension. 

Tension. Tension. Tension.

 From the beginning you could feel we were heading for a climax. 

Action. Action. Action. 

Then boom! Oh boy the climax. The last 40 per cent of the book; talk about an emotional roller-coaster. I was swept away. Could not stop reading into the early hours of the morning. 

One of the major parts of this book is the discussion of how to defeat Pestilence. Of course, this is a theme since book one. However, Thanatos believes he could be saved instead of just killed. I have wanting to see how this plays out ever since it was suggested. 

The main part of the book was Thanatos and his developing son in Regan’s womb. He is going to be a father. I loved his growing affections for this child. When a big burly male, who is surrounded by death (literally), falls head over heels for a small innocent baby… it is a joy to read. Thanatos has built a shield up around himself over the years. To see that slowly begin to crack makes you feel good inside. We got to slowly discover the real Thanatos. Sometimes I just want to hug him. 

There were more things to be discovered in this one too; especially surrounding Thanatos’s past and his connection to the vampires. I love the concept here that Larissa Ione has created. 

I know this is a slightly shorter review than what I usually write, but what did it for me was the intense action and plot, and the wondrous character of Thanatos. He is by far my favourite horseman. And that ending … can’t wait to get my hands on Book 4. Keep them coming! 


 Becky

1 comment:

  1. I haven' read this series yet but everyone is loving it. Sounds like something I'd like.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D