Wednesday 13 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #9

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, showcasing books that we are waiting to read.

Title: Enshadowed (Nevermore #2)
Author: Kelly Creagh
Publisher: Atheneum
Pages: 448
Release Date: 28th August 2012

Goodreads - Amazon.co.uk/.com - Book Depository

Varen Nethers is trapped in a perilous dream world -- a treacherous and desolate realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. Isobel Lanley, plagued by strange visions and haunted by the nightmares of Varen's creation, is the only one who can save him.
Isobel knows that her only hope lies within a Baltimore cemetery. There, in the early morning hours of Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, a mysterious stranger known as the "Poe Toaster" will make his annual homage at the legendary poet's grave. Only the Poe Toaster holds the key to the way between worlds. But even greater dangers lie ahead for Isobel. An ancient evil, draped in veils of white, is watching, challenging her for Varen's affections. When Isobel finally finds Varen, he is no longer the quiet and brooding boy who once captivated her, but a dark force, powerful and malevolent.
The first book in this series came out two years ago. I heard this book had its release date pushed back, at least, once. At least it is coming out soon as I enjoyed Nevermore. It was something different; I had not read anything quite like it. Really looking forward to seeing how this story continues.

Becky

10 comments:

  1. OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK :D !
    I was so jealous when I saw people at BEA got this book ^^.
    I read Nevermore a year and a half ago and loved it. I already pre-ordered a copy of this second book :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second time I've seent hsi book today (; I think I should really check out the series.

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very interesting! I'll have to looks at book 1.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read Nevermore but the story does sound really interesting. Nice choice!

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poe?! I'm sold! I've heard good things about Nevermore, but I had no idea. Thanks for sharing and visiting me, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky. I still have to read the first in the series, but it is a great pick. - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first book was really good but I think I have forgotten some of the plot so I think I need to re-read it in order to prep for the sequel! Great choice. I love the cover!!!!!!! This one releases soon so I think I can handle the wait :-)

    Following your blog! Feel free to visit mine!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, new series to check out! WOO! I'm definitely putting it on my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read these books, but I have heard of many good reviews for it so I think I will definitely check it out soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D