Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pushing the Limits Read-A-Long: Week Four

This is an amazing event hosted by Candace Book Blog, Dazzling ReadsPageTurnersBlog, The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms. I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits. Here is my review.

Here are the links to the previous questions: Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3
 
Here are my answers to this weeks questions.
1. At a certain moment, Echo tells Noah that she feels safe with him. Echo thinks that because of this comforting feeling, she may be able to finally have a full night of peaceful sleep. Why do you think it is important for Echo to feel Safe? and why no one else but Noah has been able to provide this to Echo?
Echo is going through a troubling time in her life. When you are going through troubling and unsettling times you will want to find someone to lean on. I don’t think it is a physical protection Echo wants more emotional protection. Noah is the first person that Echo has met that understands the situation she is in. Even if the details are still hazy. I always feel safer around people who understand me.
2. Beth, Noah's friend, also have a very complex life situation. plus she also do drugs. However, what grabs my attention is her mean behavior towards Echo. Why do you think Beth hate/dislikes Echo so much?
It wasn’t clear to me why Beth was negative towards Echo. I think it was because of Noah. Noah is her brother. Even if they are not related they still have that sibling relationship. Noah has been through so much in his life and Beth knows it. She doesn’t want Echo to hurt him. Beth wants to protect Noah from hurt. I don’t think she hates Echo as a person just the possibility of what she could do.
3. At some point, we finally get to know how Noah's parents died at the fire and how it started. Unfortunately, this is something that has happened before. What tips to avoid a fire (specially when there are kids at home) do you now about? List a few! recommendations to avoid tragedies are very valuable. :)
My main advice; invest in a fire alarm! The earlier the warning the more likely you are to get out. Fires are also more likely to start when kids are involved. They are not as cautious as adults. To prevent fire, always supervise children in the kitchen if using a gas hob and keep all matches out of reach of children; high enough that they cannot reach via a stool. Make sure that all fires (in fireplaces) and candles are put out before everybody has gone to bed.
4. Echo finally discovers more about what really happened to her the day she got her scars at her mother's place. Unfortunately, this also involved Echo's father and Ashley. What do you think about them and to what point do you think it makes them responsible to what happened to Echo?
I still believe that what Ashley and Echo’s father did was a mistake; a big mistake, but still a mistake. They didn’t intently want to hurt Echo. They were caught up in their romance and didn’t want Echo around. These things happen. I believe they become responsible when they arrived at Echo’s mother’s house and they saw that Echo’s mother wasn’t in any position to look after her. Leaving her for a long period of time also increases the risk. I think that was the moment when her father should have realised something was amiss.
5. On p.303 (from arc) Echo said to Noah: "I love you...[y]ou love your brothers more. I'm okay with that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about you. You were right the other day. I do want to be part of a family. But I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason you didn't get yours... I love you enough to never make you choose." What do you think of Echo's decision to break up with Noah? What does it mean to you?

I think Echo’s decision to break up with Noah was a selfless thing to do. She thought that she would be a risk to Noah just like her mother was a risk to her. She wanted to prevent Noah from suffering as she had. While I didn’t like this decision, as I don’t like people splitting up, I understood her reasons. I believe it is a sign of true love. It was incredibly sweet.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D