Wednesday 27 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #11

Hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, showcasing books that we are waiting to read.

Title: Carnival of Souls
Author: Melissa Marr
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 320
Release Date: 4th September 2012


In a city of daimons, rigid class lines separate the powerful from the power-hungry. And at the heart of The City is the Carnival of Souls, where both murder and pleasure are offered up for sale. Once in a generation, the carnival hosts a deadly competition that allows every daimon a chance to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures--if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live.
All Mallory knows of The City is that her father--and every other witch there--fled it for a life in exile in the human world. Instead of a typical teenage life full of friends and maybe even a little romance, Mallory scans quiet streets for threats, hides herself away, and trains to be lethal. She knows it's only a matter of time until a daimon finds her and her father, so she readies herself for the inevitable. While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence and danger that is the Carnival of Souls.
I have only read Wicked Lovely and I wan't very impressed by it. However, I cannot deny that I am very intigued by this summary. I have been known to enjoy a book even if I didn't enjoy the author's other books so much. So I want to read this book and see.

Becky

12 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for this either! Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks so good. I'm regretting not searching it out at BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pick this week Becky! This novel sounds incredible and I'm really excited about reading it soon! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything from Melissa Marr but it does sound good! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky, I like the blurb of this one, will keep an eye out for it. **New Follower via GFC** would luv a follow back on bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven´t never read any book by Melissa Marr, but this one sounds interesting.

    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Carnival of Souls' premise. I've got this one on my tbr list too.

    Here's my WoW if you'd like to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued by the cover but I'm not sure it's really my kind of story.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! Awesome pick! I love pretty much anything Melissa Marr has written so I'm really excited for this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this looks really good! Am following now. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't read the blurb before, and it sounds really interesting. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover although it's not really my type of book :) But thanks for sharing <3

    Thank you for stopping by my post!
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D