Saturday 23 June 2012

Stacking the Shelves #6

Meme Hosted by Tynga's Reviews

It has been another week already. Where has the time gone? Well it is time for another instalment of Stacking the Shelves. Here are the goodies I got this week.














 
Bought
  • Unravelling (Unraveling #1) by Elizabeth Norris *Goodreads*
  • Raising Demons (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins *Goodreads*
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins *Goodreads*
  • Easy by Tammara Webber (Kindle) *Goodreads*
I was supposed to get Unravelling weeks ago but then Amazon was delayed in shipping it. It finally arrived this week. I have heard good things about this one; I am usually sucked in by titles described as thrillers.

I read Hex Hall at the beginning of the month and enjoyed it. So now I own Raising Demons (the British title for Demonglass) and Spell Bound to complete the series. Looking forward to see how this story continues.

I have a bit of a story to tell for Easy. I originally came across this book, randomly, while exploring Goodreads . Then I saw it appearing on some peoples' blogs. Then I saw the high ratings it was getting and just spontaneously bought it. I tend to read the most when tucked up in bed, with the main light off, reading by the power of my reading light. My reading light broke on Thursday night but I still wanted to read something. My Kindle cover has its own reading light, so I switched to this book even though I had not intended to read it this week. Oh well. Plans change.

For Review
  • Pledged (Soul War #1) by Gwynneth White *Goodreads*
I am going to be taken part in the book tour and just received my review copy this week. As the book isn't out until September I will probably be reading it closer to the time. I really like the look of the story and I am really excited to take part in the tour. (I'm not sure if we are allowed to reveal the cover yet so that why I haven't posted it. However, someone has put it up on Goodreads so you can see it there.)

Becky

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful covers on all of them :) I hope you enjoy!

    Shortskie's Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your covers are very different than mine for the Hex Hall Series. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of Unraveling and Easy! They look amazing! I"ll be looking forward to your review! *Does spit take* Wait. There's a Hex Hall novel called Raising Demons?!?! How come I didn't know about this?! *runs to Google*

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started Unraveling a couple of days ago and so far I like it. Have a few things I need to get through before I can finihs it but can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! i still need to read Spellbound, i haven't gotten around to buying a copy yet but i love that series! Unravelling sounds awesome too!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your haul and hope you enjoy them all. The covers are all so different from the US versions.

    Check out mine
    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/stacking-shelves-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy these!
    Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul!! UNRAVELING was sooo very good. I enjoyed it immensely.
    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I loved Unraveling, hope you enjoy it.
    Happy reading!
    Thanks for visiting My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read SpellBound I liked Hex Hall :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT BOOKS! :D Unraveling sounds amazing, and I love the cover :D I hope you enjoy your books :D

    Check out my: Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Haul, I have been wanting to read Hex Hall series for a long time now.

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got Easy this week too! I'm dying to read it! All the Rachel Hawkins books look amazing! I think I need to pick up one of those! And YAY for Unraveling! I've heard great things about that one. I own it but haven't had the chance to read it yet! I hope you love all the books you got :) Happy Reading!

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have nominated you in the Liebster Blogger Award!

    Check out my blog for more info:
    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's really cool that Hex Hall #2 has a different title where you live. I just ordered it from my library and it's called Demonglass, not Raising Demons. I can't wait to read it. I thought the first book was refreshing and cute.

    Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome books! I've never seen the British covers of Hex Hall and Demonglass, and they're beautiful! I've also been wanting to read Unraveling, since I share the same name with the heroine, lol! (Our names only differ by one letter!)

    Anyway, enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read Hex Hall, but I haven't read the rest of the series yet. I have seen Easy in a few blogs too, hope you enjoy it.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So many awesome books. I hope you enjoy the Hex Halls; I love that series. I can't wait to finally read Easy & Unraveling. They're both at the top of my list.

    Here's my StS if you want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah for all your books. I read and absolutely loved all of them ! :)
    Unraveling was one of my favorite books of this year! I hope you enjoy it as well.
    Easy was so freaking awesome ! I loved it ! :)

    My StS
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/06/stacking-shelves-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul! I've heard really good things about Easy - hope you enjoy it!

    My haul this week

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have tagged you in Leibster Award

    Check my post here here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your copies of Hex Hall are gorgeous! Sometimes, I really think that the UK copies are much better than the US ones.

    Great haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice haul! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa! The covers are so different and so much more EPIC than the ones I'm used to! Nice haul! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also kind of spontaneously bought easy, I was looking for books about teacher/student, mentor/mentee relationships and this one kept popping up and after all the good reviews I was like "I must have this!!" Can't wait to start reading!

    Great haul this week ^^

    ReplyDelete
  26. i really like the UK cover of rachel hawkin's novels. i loved the first 2 books of the hex hall series. unfortunately, the 3rd didn't quite work out for me but i hope it does for you. happy reading :)

    Our new books post.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't wait to read Spell Bound (can't wait to see what happens in the end!). Hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D