Saturday 16 June 2012

Stacking the Shelves #5

Meme Hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Didn't get a lot of books but got other book related goodies!




From Amazon
  • Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2012
  • Pure (Convent #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Kindle) *Goodreads*
From ITunes
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R.R. Martin (Audiobook) *Goodreads*
I got the yearbook because I heard it is a must have for anyone who wants anything to do with publishing. Even though I have story ideas swimming around in my head, some more developed than others, I don't feel in a position to take writing seriously yet. However, I am considering taking up proofreading as something to do over summer. It may look good in the future. Plus the guide has a list of publishing companies in the UK and overseas; it is pretty useful.

I have read Half-Blood but, unfortunately, it didn't live up to all the hype it was receiving. It felt like I was re-reading Vampire Academy in places with the character names changed. I didn't like that. However it intrigued me enough to want to continue the series so I haven't completely given up yet.

I really want to read A Song of Ice and Fire series, however they take some getting through. I find it hard to stick to one book for so long. I have decided to get through them via audio book. I can then read another book at the same time, and listen to the audio while doing other things. It is not cheap and will probably take longer for me to read, but it works for me. 

The Making of Harry Potter: WB Studio Tour

On Monday, I travelled to Leavesden Studios for the Harry Potter Studio Tour. It was amazing! I got to see lots of props and the sets; walking through the Great Hall was so cool! There was also a green screen experience where you got to ride a broom and fly in the Ford Anglia; it was a long queue but worth the wait. And as for the gift shop; it had everything you could want from Harry Potter. We went and explored it extensively. Unfortunately, everything was really expensive so I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but I didn't leave empty handed.














  • The Official Guide
  • A photo of me riding a broom over Hogwarts. - I also got a photo of my friend and I in the Ford Anglia as well.
  • Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans - My friend and I had fun eating these. She kept getting all the disgusting ones. :D
  • A pygmy puff. - He is called Jerald (my friend named him). He helps me with writing blog posts. 
  • Snape's Wand - There are so many characters wands to choose from. I went with my favourite character.
  • A Slytherin T-shirt - I have always been in Slytherin. I was so happy when I got put into Slytherin on Pottermore. I am going to be wearing it to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida, when I visit in July. 

What did you get this week?


Becky

36 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of all the awesome stuff that you got this week! I really like the shirt!!! xD
    It's always good to plan for the future.

    Thanks for sharing!

    My Stack
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh a HP tour sounds amazing - too bad about the expensive gift store though! And I contemplated listening to A Storm of Swords on audio too - but since I already have the book, I couldn't justify buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Harry Potter-esque stuff! :) And I'm so jealous of Pure! I still have to read the first book in that series, but all I know is I really really really want to read it after reading Obsidian! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure was excellent. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I really want to go on that tour! I'm still making my way trhough A Game Of Thrones, it's taking ages but i'm enjoying it!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter COOL! Definitely read Obsidian. Like seriously.

    Happy reading!
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get my butt in gear and start reading Game of Thrones pronto. And love the shirt. Dead sexy :)

    Shortskie's Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the Harry Potter stuff! It's very awesome. :)

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome :) I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The A Song of Ice and Fire series does require a serious time investment to read. Great idea to go with the audiobook versions! Happy reading!

    Our STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Chicago's Guide of Style is a must have, as most publishing companies use that. Though it is very technical.

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Song of Fire and Ice series is so good! Enjoy :)

    Old email follower (amugglesmagicalbookblog at yahoo).

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Harry Potter loot! I want to go to the theme park SO BAD! I also want to read those George RR Martin books some day -- they are just so long...Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the Harry Potter swag! That pygmy puff has got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I am waiting until the Wizarding World opens up in California to go, but I am definitely gonna see about getting the puff!

    ~Jaime @ The Lost Lola
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  15. HUZZAH! A fellow Slytherin!!

    Happy Reading~
    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the HP swag you got! I'm very very jealous! Also, YAY for Pure! I love JLA. She's amazing! I hope you enjoy all these awesome books :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh are you serious? You went on the tour? AHHH Harry Potter fan for life! I have yet to read any of the Game of Thrones books. I'm so behind. Thanks for dropping by! I love that cute little puff. AHHH <3

    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  18. I looooove your t shirt! So cool!! I keep forgetting to read Half-Blood. I think I will either adore it or really hate it.

    Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really nice haul! I loved Pure.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's so cool that you went to the hp studio tour!!

    My post is here:
    Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are new books to me. I'm liking the cover of Pure - very cool! Hope you enjoy your books (and goodies) this week! And thanks for stopping by! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really liked Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout, I haven't gotten into her Half Blood series but I really want to get into them. Awesome swag as well! Enjoy your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so jealous of your HP haul. I would love to tour the studio!

    Jessica @ Simply Infatuated

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome haul! I have the Covenant series on my wishlist because it sounds rad. I hope you end up liking the second book better than the first! Also, I'm seriously digging all of your Harry Potter goodies!! Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    I'm following you back. =D

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Harry Potter haul's to die for! I'm so jealous!

    I felt the same way about Covenant, the premise is a bit too similar to Vampire Academy but I did enjoy it nonetheless.

    Anyway, here's my haul. I'm a new follower, btw, just started blogging last night. You have a great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, so jealous of your HP stuff. You riding a broom, how cool is that photo? :D
    I have Game of Thrones sitting on my shelf, but haven't really been in the mood, it takes a lot of commitment and I've been all over the place recently. Maybe winter is a better time for Martin.

    I wish you all the best with your writing plans! I have some drafts on my disk as well, but like you said, I don't feel ready yet.

    Here's my StS post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How freaking cool is that?! I want to go see the Harry Potter sets! My 4 year old daughter noticed your pygmy puff. She loves it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome haul. Loving the Syltherin shirt. I'm a ravenclaw but have always felt Syltherin has been misjudged as a house :D

    I live pretty close to the HP park and love that I can always see Hogwarts when I get on the highway, haha!

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! How amazing that you got to see the Harry Potter Studio! I'm super jealous.

    Also - nice books! I haven't read Half-Blood yet so I haven't read Pure, but I'd love to read them both. As for A Song of Ice and Fire, I honestly couldn't get through it. I love the overall story but the books just feel so slow to me. I finished A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings but I gave up part way through A Storm of Swords :( I hope you have better luck!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  30. (Another Jealous reader) I hope you had an awesome time at Leavsden! I have a friend that went and loved it. I ended up with a pumpkin juice magnet from there. Haha. I've got Half-blood on my nook but I've been afraid to start it because I LOVE Vampire Academy and many people have said it's eerily similar.

    Here's my StS if you'd like to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have Pure but have not read it yet. Here is my post:
    STS

    ReplyDelete
  32. Okay, that shirt is SERIOUSLY badass.

    (I mean, the books are cool too, but THAT SHIRT. I love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE all the Harry Potter stuff! I'm also a Slytherin on Pottermore! And I really want to try at least one of Jennifer L. Armentrout's series. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D