Monday 25 June 2012

Recommend A...Book You Thought Was Funny #1

I have decided to join a new meme. Recommend A is a meme where you recommend a new book each week. I love recommending people books so this should be fun! :)

Book You Thought Was Funny


Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Headline
Pages: 215
Release Date: 2nd January 2012
Read in: April 2012

Goodreads - Amazon.co.uk/.com - Book Depository
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
One of the reasons that I absolutely adore this book was the humour. It came in the form of Oliver. His sense of humour was what I fell in love with, and I was smiling and laughing throughout the entire book. This is one the few contemporaries I rated 5 star. For me, contemporaries have to trigger and intense emotion as they don't usually have an intense plot to fall back on. The book succeeded. If you want a funny, sweet romance which has some deeper issues thrown in, then this is the book for you.

My Review for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight can be found HERE!

Meme hosted by Chick Loves Lit


Becky

3 comments:

  1. I'm starting to hear more and more about this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. I loved this book. I laughed and smiled the whole way through (except when I was crying).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower! I look forward to your future reviews!

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D