Sunday 24 June 2012

Liebster Blog Award

I have been tagged by Amanda @ Vivalabooks, Elle @ Love Big Read Big and Escapism. Thank you so much! I am so flattered. Three tags! I'm shocked.


The Liebster Blog is an award given to up and coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

11 facts about me
  • I am ¾ Welsh
  • I visit Cardiff at least twice a year.
  • I am short sighted.
  • I am a sucker for a tragic character.
  • My favourite character in Harry Potter is Snape.
  • I love watching science and history documentaries.
  • I like drinking glasses of milk.
  • I have four developed story ideas but I can’t find the motivation to write them.
  • Some of my favourite movies include: The King’s Speech, Holes, Lord of the Rings, Bridge to Terabithia and Disney Classics.
  • I only play one video game: Lord of the Rings Online. Even then I am not hardcore. I prefer reading!
  • I am not very good at writing facts about myself. 
Answering the questions.
(Apologies. There are a lot of questions but I feel like I should answer them all).

From Vivalabooks


      1.  How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging at the beginning of April so I am coming up to 3 months.
      2.Why did you start blogging?
I just wanted to talk to more people about books and I thought it was easier than just on Goodreads. I love being a part of the book community.
      3. Who is your favorite author?
There are too many to pick from, but J.K. Rowling will always have a special place in my heart.
      4. What is your favorite book?
I don’t have one. My favourite book/series is always changing as I read new ones.
     5. Do you have any ARCs right now? If so, what?
Yes I do. I am taking part in the Pledged by Gwynneth White book tour. I will be making posts in August closer to the release date.
     6.  What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer. I can’t just leave a trilogy unfinished although many people don’t seem to like how this ended.
     7.  How many books are in your TBR pile?
Way too many. You can check my Goodreads list for a full count but I have 30 books on my list for summer. That number, I swear, is increasing.
     8.  If you could be a book character for a day who would you be? Why?
I’m boring. I would just be a random Hogwarts student in Harry Potter. I just want to go to Hogwarts; at least for a day.
     9. What is your favorite place to read? Why?
Tucked up in my bed. It is cosy and comfortable.
     10.   Do you prefer Australian or British accents?
I live in the UK so I am surrounded by British accents. They are nothing special to me. So I will have to say Australian.

From Love Big. Read Big. 

      1.  What genre do you prefer?
Paranormal and/or Dystopia
2. Must haves on you book shelf.
The Mortal Instruments series, Vampire Academy, Divergent, lots more.
3. Favourite authors (pick up to 3 if you want)
J.K. Rowling, Richelle Mead and Cassandra Clare
4. Your favourite bookstore
Waterstones (Particularly the London Piccadilly store. It is huge!).
5. Your opinion on the current genre trend in YA
I think High Fantasy and Fairy-tale retellings will be the next big genre. As I love Paranormal and Dystopia, I am glad they are popular.
6. Name a series you wish had more books
I can’t think of a series which needed more books but there are many which I would like a sequel series to.
7. Any non-fiction books on your shelf?
I don’t tend to read non-fiction books. Do biology text books count? However, I have recently been lent the book Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. I have found it rather amusing from what I have read.
8. Prettiest cover on your bookshelf
Too many to pick from but one is Enchanted by Alethea Kontis. I want her dress!
9. What are you currently reading?
Said above.
10. What is the next book you want to buy?
Trial by Fire and Taken by Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I want to finish the series.
11.Best YA series you've ever read?
That is too hard!

From Escapism
     1. Are you a coffee or a tea person?
I don’t tend to drink hot drinks but if I had to choose it would be tea.
2. Do you like paperbacks or e-books?
I prefer paperbacks. I like to display my book collection. However, I do own a Kindle.
3. Do you try lots of new authors or you stick to only well-known ones?
I read a lot more debut authors than well established. But I do read authors that everyone else seems to have enjoyed.
4. How much weight does a review by a friend hold for you? IF they rated badly will you still chose that book?
Depends on the friend. Most of my friends are not big readers. I do have one friend whose reviews I do pay attention too. Books she didn't enjoy I don't tend to enjoy either.
5. How do you get time for blogging as in my case at work?
I am a uni student so I do not have such a fixed schedule. I usually write posts in the evening but read others, when I have time, in the day.
6. Are you afraid of anything e.g. spiders, which is irrational?
Wasps; I have never actually been stung but I can’t stand them.
7. Has a book kept you awake all night until you could the sun shining?
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead. I finished at 7 am.
8. Is your blog a way to relax or does it make you tense about posts and follows?
If my blog made me really tense I would stop blogging. I find blogging fun.
9. How many books do you read at one time?
I can only read one book at a time. I can’t think about two stories at once. However, I can have an audiobook on the go at the same time. I’m weird, I know.
10. Is there anything that particularly puts you off while reading making you stop the book altogether?
Shallow characters and poor plot.
11. While reading, do you imagine the characters to a T or is it slightly blurry for you?
They are slightly blurry. 

Edit (25/6/12 00.40 BST)

I know that this is the part where you tag other blogs to pass the award on too. And for a time I had a list up here. However not long after I hit the publish button, I started to feel guilty to all the other people that I had not tagged. There are many great blogs out there that are just starting out and narrowing it down felt wrong. So I have decided to remove the tagging part. As acknowledgement of those who did tag me, I left my responses to the question above. I also left the facts up as well. I know there are some nosey people out there :). I actually don't  mind. Ask a question if you like. Although I don't think I am that interesting. Anyway, there are too many great blogs out there that have just started out. Go look for them yourself.

If you are one of the few blogs that I have informed that I had tagged (I didn't get round to telling everyone before the guilt became too much), I apologies but there are no questions. I still love you, otherwise I wouldn't have tagged you, but there are others as well. I hope you understand.

Becky

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! So very kind of you. And kudos for answering all those questions!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D